Saturday, April 26, 2014

Because Doing Random Things Can Just Be Fun.

It was a long, long time ago, when I was living out one of the best days of my school life. It was the last day of Class 7 before the vacations, and there was no better way to end it than by the board decoration competition the season bought.
Class 7B was easily the best class I ever had, and that day we were doing what we did best - Work as a team. From all the nerds to the loafers, the bright to the pretty, were all working together in rhythm. Have you ever visited a craft exhibit?


I was fortunate enough to visit one, actually. I'm not a huge fan of art, but the moment I entered the place, I was mesmerized. Tiny little children were running around carrying dozens of papier mache masks, the aroma of fresh acrylic paint, sawdust changed to fairy dust as it floated around in the sunlight, and above all, the busy and animated atmosphere.No one was bothered what the other was doing, as if clones dazzled by their hobby's charisma. 


My class was somewhat like that, today. People running around and talking to someone they never had before, yelling, screaming, joy and happiness. And of course, the omnipresent, I-don't-care-as-long-as-I'm-not-in-trouble, teacher. It was a Sir in my case.
He was getting incredibly restless. I think he was developing a complex about how well our class was doing or something, because that minute he called me and told me to go check on his class, 8J, who was also supposed to be doing the board. 

I left with a heavy heart, weighed down with reluctance. But now when I think of it, It lights up with happiness.
It was as if 8J existed in a parallel universe from 7B. It was empty, with exception of two guys and a girl.


Pinaki!


Pinaki, that Narmada house prefect whose name I had heard so many times during Investiture practice.
Then the comedy of the situation I couldn't hold within me any longer. I spilled my guts on why I was really here.
They laughed when they heard that their poor class teacher was having a mini heart attack worrying about his board. I left with a broad smile on my face.


Somewhere later on in life, I came across Pinaki again, on somebody's status update on Facebook. I sent a friend request. She accepted. It was then that I realized from my Newsfeed that she had actually left the school.
After maybe an year, I complimented her One Tree Hill Ask.fm cover. She did the same, though I bet it wasn't politeness because mine was a hot guy's. No one hates Nathan Fillion.


This whole thing. Sending her a request when I didn't even know her, something my mom might kill me for, the compliment, laughing at our mutual teacher, was so completely random. If I had wanted, I could have turned away from 8J, mumbling some excuse. I could have ignored Pinaki on that update. I might have just mentally saluted that OTH cover. But I did what I did. And here's what happened.
In a few months, she got a willing biography writer and I got one of the most wonderful friends I have ever befriended. Pinaki is a lot of things, and a great conversationalist is one of them.
If people read this sometime, which I doubt they would, please don't bombard her Fb box with friend requests. She isn't very kind to anonymous people.
Don't take her case. Because only I can do that. Same applies for writing a sappy blog post on her.
She absolutely ADORES Little Mix...and me. :P, So don't insult us unless you want some broken bones.


And above all don't be afraid to do unfamiliar, strange stuff. Because doing random things can get you a lot of places.  Because doing random things can just be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment